Johns Manville Whispertone® Wallboard
Johns Manville Whispertone® Wallboard is a raw acoustical fiberglass board we use as a sound-absorbing core for our fabric wrapped acoustical panels. We can manufacture panels for you using many of the Guilford of Maine fabrics listed on our website. Just let us know which fabric you want and how many panels you require. Should you wish to build your own panels, you may also purchase this acoustical board, any of our panel fabrics, and mounting hardware.
Manufactured from fine, rotary-process, borosilicate glass fibers bonded with a special thermosetting resin, Whispertone® produces a structurally rigid board-type insulation. The top surface is smooth and uniform in color. The high tensile fibers resist settling, breakdown, or sagging from vibration. The countless air spaces in Whispertone® Wallboard create effective sound absorption as well as thermal properties. Perceived noise from air movement and mechanical equipment is noticeably reduced. It is widely used due to its excellent thermal and acoustical properties.
NOTE: This product is non-returnable.
Technical Information for Whispertone® Wallboard
- Size: Up to 4′ x 10′
- Thickness: 1″ & 2″ (Standard)
- Density: 6 pound per cubic foot acoustical fiberglass substrate
- Finish: Scrim Face
- Intended Use: Raw sound absorbing fiberglass core used for constructing acoustic panels
- Fire Rating:
- Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Meets UL 723 and CAN/ULC S102-M88
- Meets NFPA 90A and 90B
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″
- Edge Detail: Options for Square, Bevel, or Mitered Edge
- Edge Construction: Natural or Chemically Hardened (Hardened edges provide additional edge protection and a crisper edge appearance.)
- NRC: 1″ (0.75) 2″ (1.00)
|Sound Absorption (Hz)*|
*Test results provided are for raw boards only with no mounting provisions. Mounting Hardware on finished acoustical panels creates a slight air gap, which increases absorption.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.