Our SoundSuede™ Acoustic Fabric offers a variety of color options to suit your acoustical and aesthetic design needs. This is an ideal fabric for wrapping or covering sound absorptive material. This designer fabric has a soft, suede appearance and offers a luxurious textured finish. SoundSuede™ fabric is a popular choice when creating acoustical panels for theaters, home theaters and recording studios.
Fabric ships as a continuous piece. If you order 10 yards, you will receive a continuous 10-yard piece. The only exception would be for quantities around 50 – 60 yards, where the material would exceed the shipping and packing limitations.
Note: While we make every attempt to accurately display fabrics, colors may vary depending on your screen settings. Before ordering, please request a fabric sample to ensure color and texture. Colors may vary between dye lots. All fabric is custom cut to order and non-returnable.
Technical Information for SoundSuede™ Fabric:
- Size: 62″ wide by 36″ yard (Sold by the linear yard)
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Weight: 13.1 oz./linear yard
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Breaking Strength: 57 warp and 57 fill (ASTM D 3597-02)
- Seam Slippage 3597-02 Modified: Warp 79, Fill 61
- Pilling ASTM D 3511-02: 5.0
- Colorfastness to light (AATCC 16H 1998): 4.0
- Colorfastness to crocking (AATCC 8-1989): Wet 4.5, Dry 4.5
- Passes: CAL 117, Section E Part 1 / NFPA 701 1999 Test#1
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Vertical panel fabrics are colorfast to both water-based and solvent-based cleaning solutions and may be cleaned with all conventional upholstery cleaning systems. Note that the following are general recommendations. Some fabric cleaning methods may cause damage to underlying material in panel or wall panel systems.
- Vacuum the fabric periodically to remove accumulated dirt and dust. The frequency of this and any other routine maintenance is determined by end use conditions.
- Blot fresh spills immediately.
- Ensure that the fabric is adequately rinsed after cleaning, as residual-cleaning agents may accelerate soiling.
- Have the fabric professionally cleaned whenever large or an overall soiled condition occurs.
For most water-based stains, a clean, absorbent cloth dampened with detergent solution (e.g. 1 teaspoon laundry detergent / 1-pint warm water) should be applied to the stain. Blot the fabric with the treated cloth, working from the outer edge of the stained area moving inward. In order to effectively draw out the stain, renew the cleaning cloth frequently. Rinse well with clear water and dry the fabric as quickly as practical. Oil-based stains may be treated in a similar manner, substituting a volatile solvent-based cleaner for the detergent solution. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for using such products, and always pretest an inconspicuous area of the fabric for colorfastness to the cleaning agent.