The ABBC-13EXT AudioSeal® Exterior Sound Blanket is a barrier backed panel used to block and absorb sound for exterior applications. The blanket is an exterior grade barrier backed composite (BBC), consisting of UV and tear resistant vinyl coated polyester facing. The facing is quilted on environmentally sustainable 1-2-inch fiberglass batting with Gore® Tenara® thread. It also has a reinforced 1 lb. / sq. ft mass loaded vinyl barrier bonded to one side.
These blankets are a combination of sound blocking and sound absorbing material. The sound attenuation blankets are constructed with grommets across the top and Velcro® along the vertical edges of the blankets for easy installation and layering. The exterior grade ABBC-13EXT AudioSeal® Exterior Sound Blanket is great for use in outdoor environments where extended lifespan and durability is required.
ABBC-13EXT AudioSeal® Exterior Sound Blankets may be mounted to fences or other structures to create temporary or permanent sound barriers for construction sites, highways, noisy equipment or to block the direct path of other exterior noise sources.
Technical Information ABBC-13EXT AudioSeal® Exterior Sound Blanket:
- Standard: 54″ (w) x 96″ (h)
- Custom: Up to 54″ x 20′
- Thickness: 1″, 2″ (Standard), 4″ (Custom)
- 1″ Thick: 1.22 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 2″ Thick: 1.43 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 4″ Thick: 1.80 lbs. / sq. f.t
- Facing: Grey, Tan (Standard) Black, Off-White (Custom)
- Barrier Back: Grey, Tan (Standard), Olive, Blue (Custom)
- Construction: UV resistant heavy-duty vinyl coated polyester faced quilted fiberglass backed with a one pound per square foot reinforced mass loaded vinyl sound barrier
- Intended Use: Exterior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- Weight (lb./sq. ft): 1.2 (1″), 1.45 (2″), 2.9 (4″)
- Temperature Range: -20 deg. F to 180 deg. F
|Sound Absorption (Hz) |
per ASTM C423
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz) |
per ASTM E90 & E413
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Industrial grade quilted acoustical blankets may be cleaned by using a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove the debris from the blanket surfaces. In addition, any product surface that is not a scrim facing may be cleaned with an air hose or any non-solvent based cleaning product.
A typical “all-purpose cleaner” that contains ingredients such as “water, detergents, and grease cutter” is recommended. Similar suitable brand names are Formula 409, Top Job, Spic & Span, and Mr. Clean.