The AlphaShockWave™ Hanging Baffle provides maximum sound absorption and design potential for a wide range of ceiling applications. The curved geometry provides exceptional performance as well as visual interest. The acoustical foam of the AlphaShockWave™ Hanging Baffle also has advantages such as being lightweight, easy to install and provides comprehensive sound absorption, even at very high frequencies.
By supplementing the room with acoustic baffles, the acoustical signature of the environment can dramatically improve. This will reduce reverberation (echoes) as well as the overall perceived sound level. For maximum efficiency, baffles should hang as close to the sound source as reasonable. They should also be spread evenly throughout the sound field to balance sound control throughout the facility. Available in both standard and custom sizes and colors, hanging baffles hang easily using cable along with the included corkscrew hangers. Use other suspension methods as required or specified.
Using a vertically hanging baffle offers design flexibility to elevate the architectural design of the space. Baffles also provide additional acoustic benefits. One remarkable gain from a vertical baffle is the diffraction effect. The sound wave is forced to bend around the corner and edges of an obstacle. This effectively disrupts the waves energy, subjectively lowering sound intensity to the listener. Additionally, suspending an acoustical material out from a wall or ceiling exposes additional surface area, increasing it’s absorptive capability.
- Offices & Lobbies
- Entertainment facilities
- Religious facilities
- Absorbs and reduces noise
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Size: 4′ x 1′ IS THIS 12″ or 18″???
- Thickness: 2″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, Coated with non-bridging paint
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.95
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
Sabins / Sq. Ft. (ASTM C423-90a)
Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423-90a (J-Mount)
Sabins / Baffle
*Apparent NRC values are calculated using I face/baffle = 32.08 ft2/baffle.
- Install corkscrew hangers in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation (cable and cable mounts provided by installer)
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling, as long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.