The ABSC-25 AudioSeal® Combination Sound Blanket is a sound barrier panel used to block and absorb sound for interior applications. The blanket has a septum encapsulated with fiberglass, allowing for both sound absorption and sound attenuation in one efficient product. These sound blocking blankets are an excellent choice to block and absorb sound.
The AudioSeal® acoustical blankets consist of a non-reinforced 1-lb per square foot mass loaded vinyl barrier between two layers of vinyl coated recycled fiberglass cloth faced 1” quilted absorbers. The sound attenuation blankets are constructed with grommets across the top and Velcro® along the vertical edges and can be custom sized.
Typical uses include industrial sound control. These blankets are commonly used as separator walls or divider partitions and to line the perimeter of an interior wall. The ABSC-25 AudioSeal® Combination Sound Blankets are Class 1 fire-rated and are a double duty sound blanket in that they work for both absorbing and blocking sound.
Standard 4′ x 8′ blanket panels may be ordered online. Other sizes and configurations are available, please contact us with your specific requirements.
- Blocks and absorbs sound
- Create soundproof enclosures
- Overlap blankets to soundproof an interior wall
- Use as a temporary interior barrier partition
- Custom sizes available to meet project specific requirements
Both the blanket panels and rolls are available for use in interior applications.
Sound Blanket Panels
- Sound blanket panels in 4′ widths in standard 8′ height or custom lengths as required
- Grommets along top edge
- Mating Velcro® on vertical edges (This allows the blankets to overlap and create a sound seal.)
- Other configurations available.
Sound Blanket Rolls
- Sound blanket rolls in 4′ wide material in a 25′ long roll
- Available with bound or unbound edges (no grommets or Velcro®)
Technical Information for ABSC-25 AudioSeal® Combination Sound Blanket:
- Panels: 4′ (w) x 8′ (h) (nominal) or custom sizes as required
- Rolls: 4′ (w) x 25′ (l) (nominal)
- Thickness: 2″ (nominal)
- Construction: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides, quilted with 2 pound per cubic foot density fiberglass batting with a 1 pound per square foot barrier septum and mating Velcro® on the vertical edges
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- Pattern: Diamond Stitching (default), Vertical Stitching (custom)
- Panels: Bound Edges
- Rolls: Bound or Unbound
- Finish: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing
- Breaking Strength (warp and fill): 150 lb./in. and 100 lb./in.
- Tear Strength (warp and fill): 8 lb. and 7 lb.
- Moisture Permeability: 0.5 Perms
- Passes UL-181 Heat Aging Test
- Colors: Grey (default), Black, Tan, Off-White
- Weight: 1.43 pounds per square foot
- Tolerance: +/- 1/4″ (finished blankets sizes are nominal due to the quilting process)
- Mounting Provision: (fasteners provided by installer)
- Panels: Grommets along top edge or as specified
- Rolls: No mounting or grommets provided unless otherwise specified
- Hardware: Fasteners to be provided by installer
- Thermal Rating: “R” Value of 8
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Temperature range: -20 degrees to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- NRC: 0.75
- STC: 29 (1 lb.), 33 (2 lb.)
|Sound Absorption (Hz) |
per ASTM C423
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz) |
per ASTM E90 & E413
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Industrial grade quilted acoustical blankets may be cleaned by using a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove the debris from the blanket surfaces. In addition, any product surface that is not a scrim facing may be cleaned with an air hose or any non-solvent based cleaning product. A typical “all-purpose cleaner” that contains ingredients such as “water, detergents, and grease cutter” is recommended. Similar suitable brand names are Formula 409, Top Job, Spic & Span, and Mr. Clean.