Our AlphaSorb® Flat Foam provides acoustic absorption for applications seeking a flat, smooth appearance with no pattern. AlphaSorb® Flat Foam is available in in a range of sizes and thicknesses. Consisting of a lightweight, acoustical foam core, these panels are for use in just about any direct mount wall or ceiling applications. Flat acoustic foam is a great choice for projects that require form fitting absorption. Its melamine acoustic foam core trims easily using a smooth blade utility knife and installs with a foam construction adhesive.
AlphaSorb® Flat Foam delivers a versatile foam panel for use in open offices, recording studios, lobbies, as well as in tougher industrial applications. The fiber-free core makes this an excellent acoustical substrate to absorb sound in a multitude of systems, including fabric track stretch wall systems. There is no itchy fiberglass to cut or clean up. Similarly, use AlphaSorb® Flat Acoustic Foam to line noisy enclosures like HVAC ducting, speaker boxes or machine housings. Additionally, you can create interesting dimensional patterns by utilizing the various thicknesses of this foam.
- Industrial & OEM
- Automotive & Aerospace
- HVAC ducting applications
- Offices, fitness, lobbies & more
- Great for direct to roof deck application
- Great for use as HVAC duct liner to reduce noise
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Easy to cut and install
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Design friendly smooth appearance
- Fiber-free, Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Standard: 2′ x 2′, 2′ x 4′
- Special Order: 4′ x 4′, 4′ x 8′ or custom
- Thickness: 1/2″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 3″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Natural Grey
- Natural White
- Coated (Custom Order, please call)
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.65 – 1.05
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
- These panels can easily mount to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
- Maintain uniform temperature of prior to, during and after installation.