Our AlphaSorb® Flat Foam provides acoustic absorption for applications seeking a flat, smooth appearance with no pattern. AlphaSorb® Flat Foam is available in in a range of sizes and thicknesses. Consisting of a lightweight, acoustical foam core, these panels are for use in just about any direct mount wall or ceiling applications. Flat acoustic foam is a great choice for projects that require form fitting absorption. Its melamine acoustic foam core trims easily using a smooth blade utility knife and installs with a foam construction adhesive.
AlphaSorb® Flat Foam delivers a versatile foam panel for use in open offices, recording studios, lobbies, as well as in tougher industrial applications. The fiber-free core makes this an excellent acoustical substrate to absorb sound in a multitude of systems, including fabric track stretch wall systems. There is no itchy fiberglass to cut or clean up. Similarly, use AlphaSorb® Flat Acoustic Foam to line noisy enclosures like HVAC ducting, speaker boxes or machine housings. Additionally, you can create interesting dimensional patterns by utilizing the various thicknesses of this foam.
NOTE: This product has been transitioned to a new manufacturing process. Material may vary slightly from previously ordered material.
- Industrial & OEM
- Automotive & Aerospace
- HVAC ducting applications
- Offices, fitness, lobbies & more
- Great for direct to roof deck application
- Great for use as HVAC duct liner to reduce noise
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Easy to cut and install
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Design friendly smooth appearance
- Fiber-free, Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Standard: 2′ x 2′, 2′ x 4′
- Special Order: 4′ x 4′, 4′ x 8′ or custom
- Thickness: 1/2″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 3″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Natural Grey
- Natural White
- Coated (Custom Order, please call)
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.65 – 1.05
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
- These panels can easily mount to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
- Maintain uniform temperature of prior to, during and after installation.