Our Guilford of Maine Spinel Acoustic Fabric calls on the natural beauty of stone for this color collection. The Spinel fabric may appear rock-like, but still allows sound to pass, making it an excellent choice for use on acoustical panels. Choose from colors like patina, granite, obsidian, smoky quartz, sandstone, quarry, yellowstone and slate to generate remarkable designs on your next project.
Guilford Fabric ships as a continuous piece. If you order 10 yards, you will receive a continuous 10-yard piece. The only exception would be for quantities around 50 – 60 yards, where the material would exceed the shipping and packing limitations.
Note: While we make every attempt to accurately display fabrics, colors may vary depending on your screen settings. Before ordering, please request a fabric sample to ensure color and texture. Colors may vary between dye lots. All fabric is custom cut to order and non-returnable.
- Acoustical panel fabric
- Acoustically transparent
- Suitable for use as a speaker grille cloth
Technical Information for Guilford of Maine Spinel Fabric:
- Size: 66″ wide by 36″ yard (Sold by the linear yard)
- Material: 32% post and 68% pre-consumer recycled polyester
- Weight: 11.8 +/- 1.0 oz./linear yard
- Repeat: 16.5” vertical and horizontal
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Breaking Strength: 220 lbf min. warp and 90 lbf min fill (ASTM D2261)
- Tear: 18 mbf min. warp and fill
- Colorfastness to light (AATCC 16 Option 3): Grade 4 min at 40 hours
- Colorfastness to crocking (AATCC 8): Grade 4 min dry and Grade 3 min. wet
- NRC: 0.05
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Clean with water-based cleaning agents, foam or pure, water free solvents. Vacuuming or light brushing is recommended to prevent dust and soil buildup.